Tuesday 17 April 2012

Then and Now......Part One....

I hear music, laughter, the smell of tanning lotion,
hot dogs ham burgers, lots of ice cream. I see cars filled
with families, water toys. People making holiday
plans...making memories....making life plans...
He is shouting, come play....how many kids came and
played....
can you see the sun bathers, the swimmers, young
people flirting, parents visiting with other parents
Memories of wet towels, bathing suits, laughter
The smell of copper tone.....
Quiet, not just closed for the Season, but closed...memories
taken home...the home movies, the pictures in album and
boxes....
Oh wow what fun...kids laughing, parents watching
many smiles and happy times....
During my visit, and getting acclimatized here in Kitimat....I have learnt a little about its history and heritage. I think in a former life I should of been a archaeologist  of some type learning about where people lived, how they lived and listening to their stories....even the ones that whisper in the winds. 
Mount Layton Resort reminds me a bit of the
Movie 'Dirty Dancing" with families at a resort..making new friends, having fun, spending time together.....if I stand on the highway between Terrace and Kitimat I almost hear the fun...
On the highway between Kitimat and Terrace you will pass
Mt. Layton Resort and Hot springs....
Hidden behind trees on the highway there once was
a place where families, anyone wanted a holiday
off the beaten track...
behind the trees now it stands silent...whispers
you could almost hear the laughter.....

No comments:

Post a Comment