Monday 9 April 2012

April 9th, 2012, 3 months

Inside my office...
Go out those doors, take a walk up to
Shoppers, or left to Super Valu...or..
View of the main, bottom floor of the mall
Across from City Centre Mall is Centennial Park
Inside the Mall, going down stairs to
where the Dollar store is...6/49 booth, where alot
of the retired Alcan workers hang out
To watch the Keno numbers...
My Store, view from the stair way
At the Computer working on Orders....
Yes! I have been here 3 months...in Kitimat BC. And yes, I have fallen in love with the place, the town, the sleepy hallow....the mountains, the channel...the people...the people I work with....
I have Ideas for a few more blogs, but for now I will post a few pictures of where I work....
Like I have said before, the locals asked me why am I here in Kitimat? I could go into details...but my response has been, "I ran away from home, until they find a Permanent manager." And I am so glad that I did this...run away from home...where I only know one person, where I spend alot of time on my own, exploring the town, the country side, and finding out who I am and what do I want?? Do I know the answers.....No...I don't. But the one thing I know is that we all need to test out our limits...explore this beautiful province of ours...
Upper level of City Centre Mall where I usually park.
main/bottom floor of mall go out these
Doors to Trigos, a dept. store of sorts
to 3 banks, the museum or spa...
Yes, I ran away...from home...and maybe we all should do this...running away..whether its called a long weekend, a vacation, a good book, movies, the lake, hanging out with friends. We all escape some where else. I left the safety of my home, my town, my family, friends and co-workers...to restart...even for a short time...I found neat places to shop, to sit and watch the view...to be 10 minutes to water, 10 minutes to smell the salty sea water... to see the tops of mountains...and make friends...new friends...The response I am getting is that they don't want to see me leave. Some people even came by the store to say good bye because they were going on Vacation and wanted to say something to me....and the staff I work with tear up when I talk about going back to PG, Cindy I will miss, we both have grown children with grand kids and we compare notes..Jen, who has this amazing Scottish accent who calls all the kids "Pet" a devoted  mother and great cook.I will miss her humour...Debbie, who tests the limits and questions everything, I will miss who shivers when she sees my pictures. Holly who is quiet efficient will do very well at the store..Riley our student, my poster maker,and fabulous balloon artist...who wasn't sure about me was excited when I came back to work from my week off in March....For a short time they were "my staff" and we did an awesome job!! 
My Office Door ! Come on In!

No comments:

Post a Comment