Friday 6 April 2012

Spring time/Easter time

Today is Good Friday! and Easter is Sunday! Always reminds me of spring, with the crocus blooming, tulips, daffodils, pussy willows, and leaves in buds...the crispness in the air. I remember hola hoops, skipping ropes and easter egg hunts wearing our sunday best or the new clothes mom either made, or purchased....our spring outfits. And of course I tried to carry over the same traditions with my children...and sometimes the Easter egg hunts were indoors because the snow in Prince George hadn't melted and still 2 feet high...and there was always one egg we found in the late summer!!  I remember the baking my mom would do...only done at Easter time...and how we enjoyed the smells and the tastes coming from mom's kitchen...and the eggs we colored...and the challenge dad had at hiding the Easter goodies ooops, did I spill the beans that there is no Easter Bunny!! Sorry Kids ...Each year as we got older the Easter bunny made it difficult! 
Skunk Cabbage 
Snow fall on the First Day of Spring, photo taken at
City Centre Mall
First Snow Drop
The promise of spring 
So Happy Easter and  happy memories to you all and please enjoy these pictures of the signs of spring here in Kitimat BC and area. oxoxxo Jewels.
Happy Easter 
Is the Easter Bunny hiding here??
Happy Spring!!

No comments:

Post a Comment