Saturday 24 December 2011

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve's as a child, we were  excited... the wonder, the mystery...the waiting! For me it was the traditional Christmas Eve Feast, candles lite...and wonderful food...dressing up, hair curled, best dress. The Christmas lights on the tree, music in the background and mom looking amazing. As we grew older, Ernie and Martin practising to  sneak down stairs to check out what Santa brought us...making sure they didn't step on that creaky squeaky step...but dad had sharp ears and sent us back to our beds.
  As I had my children it was always new pj's that I purchased or made, it was opening that one gift before bed time, milk and cookies for Santa and reading T'was the Night Before Christmas.
(Kimberly the blonde, Caitlin  3yrs old.)
  And then the midnight wrap job...because no matter I did I was still wrapping in the wee hrs. of the night. And when all is done, the house tidy, children all snug in their beds, I have my rum and egg nog, and I sit with candles lite, music, and my tree, taking a few Christmas photos, relaxing wondering,remembering.
Now in 1995 I mentioned earlier that I took the kids to Disneyland, and you know the one thing I forgot to pack was the book, T'was the night Before Christmas! And thank goodness mom remembered every word...and we all recited the story before bed, in our Hotel Room...and yes Santa came to Disneyland and had a small gift for each one of us there.
And while we were in Disney land, we  rewrote a Song to fit the Occasion, I would like to Share this with you now.
Twelve Days of Christmas
Revised 1995 Disneyland

On the first day of Christmas, my true love (mom) gave to us,
A ticket to Disneyland
On the Second day of Christmas, my true love gave to me,
Two hour line ups!!
On the Third day of Christmas, my true love gave to me,
3 bottles of pop!
On the Fourth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me,
Four Hot Dogs!
On the Fifth Day of Christmas, my true love gave to me,
Five Buckets of Popcorn!
On the Sixth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me,
6 goofy Peddes!!!
On the Seventh day of Christmas, my true love gave to me,
7 dwarfs a sleeping!
On the Eighth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me,
8 Grumpy people!
On the Nineth Day of Christmas, my true love gave to me,
9 orders at McDonald's!
On the Tenth Day of Christmas, my true love gave to me,
10 Dancing Indians!
On the eleventh day of Christmas, my true love gave to me,
11 bumper cars!
On the Twelfth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me,
12 pounds of Ribs!!

Written and sung by:
The Pedde Fleet, Julie,Andrew,Nathan,Caitlin,Kimberly and Tracey
Martin and Donna Hennig, and Kathy Pedde


So, Merry Christmas to all and to all a Good night!!! xoxoox

No comments:

Post a Comment