Tuesday 31 January 2012

more from Kitimat

Good Day!
I hadn't written  for awhile, been busy with life in the apartment with Mike, work, and watching the snow. I also have been working on projects for my grandchildren as well. So if you don't mind I will update the events from the past week or so.
  My second Sunday day off, Mike and I we ventured to Terrace the big city. Mike need living supplies at the apartment. The drive...roads were compact and the snow piles on the side of the road in most places were as high as the truck doors....white white and more white. There were 2 lanes, and if you took a turn, curve, and another bigger truck was in your lane...well there was alot of tire tracks in the snow along the curb....
    In Terrace I found this gift shop that has a treasure trove of goodies...and I just may do my Christmas and Birthday shopping early there....From the TV ads that I have seen there are a few more stores to explore....hopefully on a Wednesday on my day off....
   When we got home from our shopping trip, there was a foot of snow on my car...and so we removed the snow....the next morning there was another foot...and after work another....good thing I traded in my little blue car because she would of been lost in the snow bank like a co-worker of Mikes who had his car picked up and dumped on a snow pile... :(
   The last few days we have been having rain, if it is not snowing it is raining...and so the crews are snow-blowing the snow piles on the curbs and boulevards onto ??not sure where...front yards, any space that could hold it... it is fascinating to watch the piece of equipment. I am sure it has not stopped working since I have been here....
   Work is going fine... trying to walk in the past managers shoes...could be a big fit. I have started to think about the store, ideas, worries and concerns at night when I should be sleeping...Not sure I like that. And I feel like I don't know what I am doing...and faking most of my Manager skills  My motto is one day at a time...one project...one box... I find that everyone knows everyone...interesting being the new kid in town. It reminds me why I had left the small town of Greenwood.
   On my venture about Kitimat I found a spa..I had my first facial in ages, and my nails done....and today getting eyelashes tinted....I plan on doing a bit of pampering..... I regret that I hadn't taken my camera out and about town, maybe tomorrow, being my day off....I feel like I have alot to do in a short period of time.
  So until next time
Stay well, stay healthy, and have some fun.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment